Thursday 17 March 2011

Week 1, Run 1 completed (again)

Tuesday Night

I got home from work and quickly got changed into my running attire and set off; if I didn't do it straight away then I wouldn't do it at all.

As I had already attempted the run previously, I had an idea on the distance I would cover during the programme.  A useful website I would recommened is:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/

After I completed my first run I got home and mapped my run to work out exactly how far I went and then I worked out a route of the same distance for next time.  One of the major benefits of the C25K Iphone Application is the voice prompt informs you when you are half way through the programme, so that you can turn around and head back.  My one complaint about the app would be that it doesnt record how far you travelled during your run.  I think I'd be interested to find out after each run:
  • Distanced Travelled
  • Calories Burnt
I have been informed of another application called Nike + GPS which maps your runs, tracks your progress and tells you calories burnt etc.  I am toying with the idea of getting the app as I can use it for other situations than training, like when I walk the dog, or walk to work etc...

Sod it.  I've just talked myself into getting it and I am now £1.19 lighter.  I am now just praying the app works alongside C25K and my music.

Anyway, going back to my original point, I found that for week 1, run 1 (both times) I covered 2.19 miles.  I'll be interested to see how this changes over the course of the 9 week programme.  When I got home I made the effort to really stretch out my leg muscles so that I didn't have to spend the next 2 days walking like John Wayne!

Wednesday

Woke up feeling... fine! Wow, maybe I'm not allergic to exercise after all!  In fact, feeling quite smug by the end of the day as I'm not even experiencing muscle ache.

Thursday- Recommended night for Week 1, Run 2

Ahh, there's the leg ache I was waiting for.  Sneaky aching muscles decided to wait until they had lured me into a false sense of security before they started hurting!

So today is the day I am supposed to do week 1, run 2 but I am going to the pub instead.  Before you roll your eyes or start to judge me, this is something planned from aaaages ago and I am determined not to drink alcohol.  So the 2nd run is rescheduled for Friday night after work (rock 'n' roll!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment