Tuesday 15 March 2011

Week 1, Run 1 (take 2)

I am biting the bullet and going to start the programme again tonight.  I ought to have done it last night, but made up enough excuses to get out of it!

Yesterday was my final day on the anti-biotics after catching 3 throat diseases and losing my voice completely, so it seems practical to start today.  I am literally starting again from the beginning because so far I only managed the first run of the first week and then got sick.  If after tonight's run I get sick again I am going to take it as a sign and hang up my running shoes (recently bought- only used once) and formally retire.

So, I have spent the last 5 minutes updating my Facebook status, Twitter account and now my blog to ensure that I have to follow through with this decision.  Once I get going, I know I will be fine but at the moment the thought of going out in the cold, dark streets makes me want to hide under my duvet until morning.

Wish me luck (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment