Thursday 3 March 2011

Already put on hold due to being ill- GENUINELY!

Ok, so after my earlier confession of being a huge procrastinator, this entry may sound weak.  BUT, in my defence I have genuinely been very ill.  Last night was Weds 2nd March, when I was due to do my 2nd run.  However, I have been feeling very rough and sadly, not miles better today.  Apparently, it will be good to 'sweat the cold out of my system' and go running, but all I can think about is how cloudy my head feels.

So, I need to make a decision:
  • Do I now postpone the whole programme to next week and start again?
  • Do I try to do runs 2 and 3 of week 1 on Saturday and Sunday (as I am out partying Fri night!)?
  • Or do I take this illness as a sign I am officially allergic to exercise and quit now?
At the moment I feel I should attempt to do runs 2 and 3 on Saturday and Sunday, in order to keep in line with the programme, but I am concerned that I will be nursing severe hang-overs on both days.

Turns out this programme is not as straight forward as I hoped it would be!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, sorry you're still not feeling well :( i have talked to so many people that seem to get sick right off the bat; maybe since undertaking running is quite a shock to the muscles, it is to the immune system too?

    In terms of when to run? I found this helpful - http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-241-286--9082-0,00.html......

    I would just pick up on the next run you're supposed to have...W1D2? You should be fine!

    And trying to run hungover blows, so I wouldn't recommend it haha. Maybe do W1D2 on Sunday, that way, you can have nursed some post-drinking and rested from being sick.

    Hope my rambling is of some use :)
    Feel better & have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete