Wednesday 2 March 2011

Monday 28th Feb- Day 1, Week 1

I did it.

Am I feeling better for it? Truth be told; no, I am not.  However, this is down to the fact that I have picked up a nasty cold, complete with sore throat, headache and roaring temperature (so not the programme's fault!).  I actually felt very positive last night whilst I was out pounding the streets of Upminster.

Travelling home from work on the train I was filled with dread at the thought of the exercise.  Every part of my body wanted me to make up an excuse to crawl under my comfy duvet and reach for the remote.  However, I got in, I got changed and I set off; much to the amusement of my family.  Just to clarify, they were not mocking in a nasty way, they are pleased I am giving this programme a go and I cant blame them for being dubious.  The cupboard at home filled with unwatched keep fit DVDs, unused exercise equipment and unworn sports clothes would support their scepticism. 

Still, I put on my running clothes, set up my iPhone and set off.  28.5 minutes of exercise broken down as such:
*5 minute warm up
*8 x 1 minute runs with 1.5 minute walks in between
*5 minute cool-down

The application was fantastic and made the whole experience very easy.  There are voice prompts letting you know when to run, when to walk and even when you're half way through the programme.  Unexpectedly, the 1 minute running times went by very quickly and I found I could have probably run for slightly longer each time. 

I am adamant I am going to stick with the programme and my next expected run is to be Weds 2nd March - depending on how much better I am feeling!

2 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog! I'm trying to blog my progress, as a way of reflection and whatnot. I too got sick, at the end of week one. Sore throat, cold crap. Set me back a week. But what can you do? Good for you for getting out there though. Rest up and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirstin! I am so glad to hear that it isnt just me who got sick! I was beginning to feel like a total failure.

    I am in 2 minds whether to leave it this week and start again on Monday of next week? x

    ReplyDelete