Monday 21 March 2011

*Confession*

I was set to do my run Friday night after work, but I didn't.  I want to write down a list of valid excuses as to why this is but the reality is that I couldn't be bothered.  I convinced myself and everyone else I would just do it Saturday instead.

Saturday came and went and I still hadn't completed Week 1, run 2.

Luckily enough, I actually made the effort to get up Sunday morning and go out with the dog to complete the 28.5 min work out, in our local park.  I feel pretty lousy about it today.  I STILL haven't completed week 1 yet and now I am either going to have to go out tonight or tomorrow night and then 3 more times this week to get back up to date with the programme.  I just wish I could be the sort of person who puts their mind to something and sticks to it.

I am also having a 'fat' day.  My work trousers feel tight, I look at myself in the mirror and see a whale starring back at me and the worst part is all I can think about is what is for dinner!  I am sitting here now feeling grotesque and hoping this feeling will push me into going out for another run tonight (especially as my colleague is off to run 20 miles tonight!). 

I saw my brother at the weekend- the same brother who told me about the application I found out that he is already on week 4.  He laughed when he found out I was still on week 1, having just completed run 2 that morning.

As you can probably tell by the tone of this email I am feeling totally fed up today.  I even abused a friend on Facebook for no good reason, other than his status update pissed me off!

Let's hope I get the kick up the bum I so clearly need, get out tonight and feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment